I've lived in PA all my life and I had never been to Pittsburgh. I finally went for a weekend last July so I wanted to share my getaway.
We stayed in a cute airbnb in the Mt. Washington neighborhood. I liked this area because it was cute, up on hill and didn't feel like the center of the city. It was right near some of the best views of the city too which was a bonus.
- Andy Warhol Museum
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History
- Carnegie Museum of Art
- The Summit ** Try any cocktail here and you'll be very happy.
- Gaucho Parrilla Argentina ** HIGHLY recommend. Plan to get there early as the line tends to get super long at normal dinner time and they do not accept reservations since you order in line and get seated afterwards.
- The Church Brew Works ** Church turned into a brewery!
- Carson St. (The Flats, Fat Head Saloon, Buck Head Saloon) ** Great street for a night of bar hopping.
- Primanti Bros. ** See my review of the sandwich below.
- Duquesne Incline ** Best view of the city!